Seattle & Bellevue Family Law Attorneys’ Practice Areas
Divorce, Child Custody and Other Family Law Issues
Entering into a family law case is probably the most frightening thing a person can do because it touches the things we care about the most: our children, our family relationships and our financial futures. If you are facing this overwhelming life transition it is important to have an attorney on your side who understands your stress, is compassionate, and knows how to get results. It is our belief that our main role as your advocate is to support and educate you as you move through this complex process.
At DuBois Cary Law Group, we handle a wide range of family law issues for clients throughout the Seattle, Bellevue and greater King County. The scope of our practice includes:
- Divorce: We understand how to guide you through the entire divorce process whether it’s contentious or amicable. We go out of our way to be available for questions and to help you decide how you want to resolve your divorce. If you find yourself facing a court hearing or trial, we will advocate aggressively on your behalf, and will help you understand the often complicated court rulings and how to follow them.
- Child custody: We pride ourselves on helping you come up with solutions unique to your situation, understanding that every family is different, and every case involves real people going through a huge life transition. All of our attorneys have background experience in social services and most of us have children ourselves. We fully understand that deciding on a parenting plan will have lifelong implications for you and your children and we take our role as your advisor and advocate very, very seriously.
- Property division: In Washington state, all marital property generated by the two parties during the years they were a couple is up for division, including retirement benefits. We believe it is our responsibility to educate our clients about the pros and cons of various settlement possibilities. We frequently retain forensic accountants, real estate appraisers, financial planners and other professionals to assist us in coming up with a fair settlement proposal.
- Family law for unmarried couples: Unmarried couples face financial issues that are different from married couples. Most people are surprised to discover that money earned and property purchased during an unmarried relationship may be considered “community property” and split in a dissolution of the relationship. Likewise, parenting plans for unmarried couples with children are an important factor when these parties terminate their relationships.
- Mediation: Both Amanda and Monica offer mediation services for individuals both with and without attorneys. Both attorneys are certified family law mediators and enjoy helping couples settle their disputes amicably out of court.
- Collaborative law: Collaborative law offers divorcing couples the opportunity to establish the terms of a divorce by working together with their attorneys as well as experts in finance, child custody and other relevant fields.
- Wills, Estate Planning & Probate: Careful planning now on your part can avoid disputes later and help your loved ones cope with their loss constructively. We also offer post-divorce will and estate planning services for individuals who have recently come through the divorce process.
- Relationship Agreements: In Washington, when you marry and when you start living with someone, you may be subjecting yourself to a set of rules and responsibilites imposed on you by the court. Relationship agreements are an excellent way for couples to make property and other designations prior to marrying or living together.
Our lawyers are committed to offering customized services to individuals and families making the life changing transition to living separate lives. We have extensive experience with all kinds of families and all kinds of people, including those selfish, narcissistic types who can be so difficult to negotiate with. We understand that the decision of choosing a lawyer is an important one, and look forward to meeting with you to see if we are a good fit.
Contact Our Family Law Firm Today
If you have further questions or want to arrange a confidential consultation, please contact us today. We have offices in Seattle and Bellevue and can meet with you in one or both of those locations as needed. We look forward to meeting you and helping you achieve the solutions you seek.