My name is Rachael Nicole, but everyone calls me Nikki. I’m a local girl from Kent, WA and proud to be from one of the most beautiful places in the world, the PNW. I graduated from John F. Kennedy Memorial High School in 2007 and from the University of Washington with a bachelor’s degree in political science in 2011. Go Dawgs!
Before I went to law school, I joined the DCLG team as a receptionist in 2012. I was moved by Amanda, Monica, and the rest of the team because they really went the extra mile for their clients. Seeing their compassion for community, advocacy, and service inspired me and gave me the confidence to go to law school.
I graduated from Seattle University School of Law in 2017. While in law school, I served as an extern for Legal Voice, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of WA, and the Northwest Justice Project in the family law unit. I was also an active member of the Black Law Students Association and continue to stay involved with their alumni events. I enjoyed working with all of these organizations because they are all about big individual effort coming together for major collective impact.
I enjoy practicing family law because I am a natural advocate for myself and for other people. I’m all about collaboration, but ultimately, my main concern is my client’s wellbeing. Divorce and custody are emotionally challenging experiences for most people. As an attorney, my role is to help people help themselves. I’m here to explain and apply the law to each individual’s situation, so the client can get realistic about their goals and move forward.
I enjoy basketball, listening to music, spending hours on and near the water, catching up and laughing with friends and family, and a well-prepared meal.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Seattle University School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- J.D. – 2017
- University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
- B.A. – 2011
- Major: Political Science
- Washington, 2017
- Volunteer and Cocktails for a Cause Committee Member, Present
- Family Law Attorney, King County Bar Association Kinship Care Solutions Project, Present
- Volunteer Attorney, English/Spanish Legal Clinic at El Centro de La Raza, 2018, Present
- Volunteer, Campaign to Retain Judge Anita Crawford-Willis for Seattle Municipal Court, 2018, Past
- Volunteer Attorney, Seattle United for Refugees and Immigrants, 2018, Past
- Loren Miller Bar Association, Member
- King County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
Prior Professional Experience
- C3 Law Group, PLLC, Intern
- Northwest Justice Project, Family Law Unit Extern
- American Civil Liberties Union of WA (ACLU-WA), Policy Advocacy Extern
- Legal Voice, Legislative Extern