|Areas of Practice|
|V Card |
I find the world of family law fascinating and appreciate all its complexities from both a human and legal standpoint. I love advocating for our clients. It is inspiring to see clients come to us at one of the most difficult transitions in their lives only to emerge stronger and more empowered than ever. It is a tremendous transformation to behold and be a part of.
I was born and raised in Toronto, ON, Canada, and proudly come from a family of immigrants. I cherish my Canadian roots and deeply appreciate my Korean heritage.
I moved to Seattle on an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Washington and play for the UW Women’s Golf Team. I studied History and Political Science while travelling the country and competing in NCAA Division I tournaments.
Shortly after graduating from UW, I attended Lewis & Clark College, Northwestern School of Law in Portland, OR. As a law student, I was fortunate to experience a wide range of legal practices and develop my legal advocacy skills. I worked at the Washington State Attorney General’s Office for two summers and, in my last year of law school, externed with judges at King County Superior Court where I worked on juvenile and family law matters.
Not long after passing the bar, I connected with DCLG partner and fellow Lewis & Clark alum, Monica Cary. I instantly fell in love with the spirit of DCLG and worked as a contract attorney here for several months. I then completed a one-year judicial clerkship at the Washington State Court of Appeals, Division II. There, I assisted in drafting numerous published and unpublished judicial opinions and was exposed to a multitude of legal issues, criminal and civil. Upon ending my clerkship, I returned to DCLG and dove back into the world of family law.
In my spare time, my partner and I enjoy exploring independent breweries and new eateries, playing golf, rooting for the Mariners and the Seahawks, and spending time with family, friends, and our sweet, Lab-mix rescue pup.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Washington, 2015
- Lewis & Clark College, Northwestern School of Law, Portland, Oregon
- J.D. 2015
- University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
- B.A. 2010
- Major: History, Political Science
- Volunteer Attorney, Kids in Need of Defense (KIND)
- King County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Asian Bar Association of Washington, Member
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Member
Prior Professional Experience
- Hon. Rich Melnick, WA Court of Appeals, Div. II, Tacoma, Washington, Judicial Clerk
- Hon. Suzanne Parisien, King County Superior Court, Seattle, Washington, Judicial Extern
- Hon. Wesley Saint Clair, King County Superior Court, Seattle, Washington, Judicial Extern
- Washington State Attorney General’s Office, L&I Division, Tacoma, Washington, Rule 9 Extern
- Washington State Attorney General’s Office, Education Division, Olympia, Washington, Law Clerk