Location. I am currently located in our Bellevue office.
Guiding Inspiration and Wisdom. “Be the person you needed when you were younger.”
About Me. I am originally from the San Diego, California area. My parents divorced while I was in high school, and my younger siblings and I were raised by our mother. Seeing the divorce process as a child gave me an understanding of the broader impact a divorce has on the entire family.
I graduated from the University of California, Davis in 2011 with a double major in International Relations and Spanish. After college, I worked as a receptionist and translator in a Workers Compensation law firm near Sacramento, California. This was my first real experience within the legal community, and I was hooked. I decided to attend Lewis & Clark Law School in Portland, Oregon, and I graduated in May 2016. While in law school, I worked for the Oregon Department of Justice in the Appellate Division. Later, I worked for Judge Rebecca Duncan in the Oregon Court of Appeals. I worked on a variety of cases, from criminal to civil to post-conviction. Most importantly, I learned how best to present my case to a judge through persuasive writing and oral argument.
I moved to Seattle in 2017 when my boyfriend became an Assistant Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Washington. Shortly thereafter, I was lucky enough to become an Associate Attorney with DuBois Cary Law Group. At DuBois Cary Law Group, I get to combine my passion for legal advocacy with my personal experience growing up with a single mother. The result is a career that I can pour my whole heart into, and I feel good about what I do at the end of the day.
In my spare time, my boyfriend and I explore the local restaurants and natural beauty around the Seattle area. I am especially enjoying being back near the ocean—it reminds me of my childhood in San Diego. I love to cook, and the varying seasons here in Seattle give me a great excuse to try a variety of recipes.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Lewis & Clark Law School, Portland, Oregon
- University of California, Davis
- B.A., International Relations, and Spanish
- Washington, 2017
- Young Lawyer Liaison to the Low Bono Section, Washington State Bar Association
- Member, King County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division
- Member, Washington Women Lawyers
- Member, King County Family Law Section
- Member, King County Appellate Law Section
Prior Professional Experience
- Justice Rebecca Duncan, Oregon Court of Appeals, Salem, Oregon, Judicial Extern
- Appellate Division, Oregon Department of Justice, Portland, Law Clerk
- Patching the Exhaust Pipe: A Historical Analysis of Oregon’s Non-Unanimous Jury Law in Criminal Cases, 54 Willamette L. Rev. 113 (2017).