I was born in the Philippines and came to the United States when I was twelve years old. I have always wanted to serve as a role model for other immigrant women and minorities and open as many doors for others as were opened for me.
I attended the University of Washington School of Law in 1998, graduating in 2001. At the UW I was active with the Student Bar Association. I also interned with the King County Prosecutor’s Office at the Maleng Justice Center and with the Pierce County Prosecutor’s Office through graduation. At Pierce County, I had the opportunity to argue criminal appellate cases before Division Two of the Washington State Court of Appeals, and to be first chair in misdemeanor trials during the summer. After graduation I moved to Honolulu, Hawaii, where I clerked with the Honorable John S.W. Lim of the Hawaii State Intermediate Court of Appeals. Then I joined the City and County of Honolulu Prosecutor’s Office as a deputy prosecuting attorney and practiced criminal law, including an assignment in the Career Criminal Unit where I prosecuted sex crimes, some cases involving child victims.
I moved back to Seattle and started practicing family law in 2006 with a veteran family law attorney. I became the senior associate and handled almost everything for the solo practitioner with whom I practiced. I came to work for the DuBois Cary Law Group in 2012. Over the past six years at DuBois Cary, I have taken on a number of different roles for the Firm including Firm Administrator. Currently, my focus is motions and trial practice primarily with partner Amanda DuBois, as well as providing legal research and writing for the firm. I enjoy advocating for the “little guy”, and revel in assisting clients and our attorneys resolve complex legal issues.
My husband and I are big football fans and support the Huskies and the Seahawks. Although we are both from the Pacific Northwest, we are also huge fans of the New York Yankees. We welcomed our beautiful daughter Gloria Josephine in June of 2018. She is a feisty little one, just like her parents; she is the apple of our eyes! Our cat JoJo is enjoying retirement and does not mind at all sharing the spotlight with Baby Gloria. We love to travel and explore new places, but most of all, we love spending time with friends and family.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Washington, 2001
- Hawaii, 2003
- U.S. District Court District of Hawaii, 2003
- University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, Washington
- J.D. 2001
- Seattle University, Seattle, Washington
- B.A. 1996
- Major: Political Science, Humanities
- Recipient of the John F. Kennedy Award for Excellence in Political Science
- Intern, King County Prosecutor’s Office, Maleng Regional Justice Center, Kent, Washington
- Intern, Pierce County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office, Tacoma, Washington
Prior Professional Experience
- Hon. John S.W. Lim, Hawaii State Intermediate Court of Appeals, Honolulu, Hawaii, Law Clerk
- Department of the Prosecuting Attorney | City and County of Honolulu, Deputy Prosecuting Attorney